首頁 > 托福學習情報 > 托福學習情報 > 【托福Toef英文學習情報】25句外國人常用語

【托福Toef英文學習情報】25句外國人常用語

25句外國人常用語

有時候,我們在看沒有中文的美劇時,或者在和老外聊天時會出現突然間的腦子一片空白?其實,就是因為這些英語習語你不知道!老外聊天時這些習語都是經常會掛在嘴邊的,趕快來學學吧!

25句外國人常用語

1. step up your game 有更好的表現

If you want to win this competition, you'll have to step up your game.

如果你想贏得這場比賽,你必須得有更好的表現。

2. you rock 你真棒

Thanks for the tickets, Rob. You rock!

羅布,謝謝你提供的票。你真厲害!

3. cut sb some slack 給(某人)方便;對(某人)網開一面

- Andrew's late again.

- 安德魯又遲到了。

- Cut him some slack - his wife's just had a baby.

- 對他就網開一面吧——他妻子剛生小孩。

4. come out swinging 開始相互攻擊

After a day off, Hillary and Trump this morning again launched another hard week of campaigning, and they both came out swinging.

休息了一天后,希拉里和特朗普今早又開始了為期一周的艱苦競選旅程,兩人又開始互掐。

5. go up in flames 毀於一旦,受到重創

His career went up in flames when he was jailed for theft.

他因為偷盜坐牢後事業受到了重創。

6. pull yourself together 恢復鎮定;控制自己

I understand you've had a bad day, but pull yourself together and get on with your job, will you?

我知道你這一天過得很糟,但你一定要振作起來,工作還得繼續,不是嗎?

7. crunch time 關鍵時刻

I'm not getting enough sleep these days. It's crunch time at work.

我最近睡眠不夠。正趕上工作的關鍵時期。

8. once in a blue moon 少有地

My sister lives in Alaska, so I only see her once in a blue moon.

我姐姐住在阿拉斯加,所以我很少去看她。

9. tar sb with the same brush 認為……是一丘之貉

Because they worked so closely in the same department, John was tarred with the same brush as Tim.

由於在同一個部門工作,關係又非常密切,約翰被認為跟蒂姆是一路人。

10. hang in there 堅持住;挺住

Work can get tough in the middle of a term but hang in there and it'll be OK.

到了學期中間功課會變得很難,但堅持下去就會好的。

11. shoot from the hip 魯莽行動(或講話)

Miss Lee, I have to apologize for shooting from the hip and yelling at you for losing the papers. I was in a big hurry and forgot I left them right here in my drawer.

李小姐,我必須向你道歉。我由於找不到文件而對你發火太魯莽了。當時我實在著急,忘了是我自己把文件放在這兒抽屜裡的。

12. be a catch 值得追求的人,宜婚對象

John is taking me out tonight. He's such a catch, I hope he'll propose.

約翰今晚帶我出去了。他是個靠譜的結婚對象,我希望他能向我求婚。

13. running on fumes 非常疲憊,就快熬不住了

I'm sorry, but I've got to go home now. I haven't slept for twenty hours and I'm running on fumes.

抱歉,我現在得回家。我已經有20個小時沒睡了,快熬不住了。

  

14. sell (sb) out 背叛;出賣

French farmers feel they've been sold out by their government in the negotiations.

法國農場主感到在談判中他們被政府出賣了。

15. sell sb (on sth) 說服某人(做某事)

OK, you've sold me. I'll go with you.

好吧,你說服我了。我跟你一起去。

16. blow sb away 使(某人)大為驚訝;令(某人)非常高興

The ending will blow you away.

結局會讓你無比驚喜。

17. blow smoke 蒙人,騙人,放煙霧彈

I'm not blowing smoke. I have honestly read War and Peace by Tolstoy.

我沒騙你,我真的讀過托爾斯泰的《戰爭與和平》。

18. couldn't care less (表示強調)一點也不在乎

- That man stole a bottle of wine from the shop.

- 那人從商店偷了一瓶葡萄酒。

- Oh, really? I couldn't care less.

- 是嗎?我一點都不關心這個。

19. chuffed to bits 高興,興奮

Hey, thanks for the present! I'm chuffed to bits.

嗨,謝謝你的禮物!我很喜歡。

20. feel under the weather 生病;覺得不舒服

I'm feeling a bit under the weather - I think I've caught a cold.

我覺得有點不舒服——可能是感冒了。

22. a stone's throw 很短的距離,擲石之遙

The cottage is just a stone's throw from the sea.

小屋離海只有一箭之遙。

23. hear (sth) on/through the grapevine

從傳聞中聽說;通過道聽途說獲悉;聽小道消息知道

I heard on the grapevine that he was leaving - is it true?

我聽到傳聞說他要離開了——是真的嗎?

24. sit on the fence 騎牆觀望,猶豫不決

You can't sit on the fence any longer - you have decide whose side you're on.

你不能再騎牆觀望了——你必須決定支持誰。

25. take sth with a pinch of salt 對……半信半疑,對……有所懷疑

You have to take everything she says with a pinch of salt, she does tend to exaggerate.

你不能完全相信她的話,她總是喜歡誇大其詞。

圖片來源:愛詞霸

文章來源:新浪